How to add a warehouse in Auctiva CommerceWatch the Adding a Warehouse video tutorial.
Auctiva Commerce gives you the ability to create multiple warehouses that can help keep shipping costs and delivery times accurate. This helps keep your customers satisfied. This tutorial will discuss what a warehouse is and how you can put them to use in your Auctiva Commerce store.
What is a warehouse?
In its simplest form, a warehouse is a just group of products. It also represents the address from where your shipments start for a specific group of products. You must always have at least one warehouse, because its purpose is to associate products with specific shipping methods. You can create more warehouses when certain products ship from different locations (e.g., a drop shipper or vendor) or if you want to apply special shipping rules to a product. For example, you could have a set of products that, because of their weight or size, have to be shipped in a completely different way. If you create a new warehouse you can group these similar products together in one warehouse and create a new shipping method that is associated with this one warehouse. So, no matter where you're shipping from, or what unique products you're shipping, you can give your customers the most accurate shipping costs and delivery times.
How to add a warehouse
It's a good idea to set up your default warehouse with your mailing address. Auctiva Commerce refers to this warehouse for your primary mailing address. Note that the country recorded in your primary warehouse will also be used during checkout as the default country. Create a new warehouse when you need to establish a new physical shipping location or a unique shipping method for a specific group of products. You can quickly change the default mailing address for your store by choosing the appropriate warehouse in the Primary Warehouse box on the Warehouses page.
Step 1. Add a warehouse.
- Go to Store> Shipping> Warehouses.
- Click the Add Warehouse button.
- Name: (Required) Enter in the name of the warehouse.
- Street Address 1: (Required) Enter in the street address for this warehouse.
- Street Address 2: Enter in the second street address line if necessary.
- City: (Required) Enter in the City of the warehouse.
- State/Province: (Required) Enter in the State or Province of the warehouse.
- Zip/Postal Code: (Required) Enter in the Zip or Postal Code of the warehouse.
- Country: (Required) Choose the country where this warehouse is located.
- Phone: Enter the phone number for this warehouse. This is an optional field.
- Fax: Enter the fax number for this warehouse. This is an optional field.
- Email: Enter the email for this warehouse. This is an optional field.
- Click on the Save button when you're finished.
You will return to the Warehouses page. This page will now list your new warehouse. You can edit and delete warehouses at this page when needed. Notice that Auctiva Commerce shows you the number of products you have in each warehouse. Clicking on the number will display all the products in a particular warehouse.
How to move product from one warehouse to another
This task is useful when you need to move a group of products from one warehouse to another. For example, if you're closing a warehouse and you need to disperse the products from that warehouse to another, this would be the easiest way to do it.
Step 1. Move product from one warehouse to another.
- Go to Store> Shipping> Warehouses
- Click on the warehouse with the products you'd like to move.
- Check the boxes of the products you wish to move.
- Select the warehouse you'd like to place these products in.
- Click the Go button.
You've now completed the task of moving products from one warehouse to another. You can use this method to easily transfer a group of products to a different warehouse. However, if you need to assign a specific product or new product to a warehouse, you can do that individually per product at the product Details page. Go to Inventory> Manage Inventory and click on the Edit link of the product. See the Warehouse field in the Taxes & Shipping section of the product Details page. You can assign multiple products to a warehouse at one time using the Bulk Edit feature (Go to Inventory> Manage Inventory, select the products to change and click on the Bulk Edit button.).
- You must have at least one warehouse for your Auctiva Commerce store.
- Create a new warehouse whenever you have a new shipping location for a group of products or whenever you want to group together unique products for a special shipping method.
◄ Back to Help