How to add a Pricing Rule in Auctiva Commerce
You can create special pricing rules for products in your Auctiva Commerce store. These pricing rules will allow you to discount the price of a product using unique options. This tutorial will show you how to discount a product price for only certain customers and for certain date ranges.
What is a Pricing Rule?
A pricing rule is a feature that discounts the price of a product based on a user group and date range limiter. This will allow you to discount product for a particular period of time and/or for certain customers. When a pricing rule is effective for a product, the original price is displayed with a line through it and the new price from the pricing rule is displayed. This gives the customer the impression that the product is "on sale."
How to add a pricing rule
Pricing rules will discount the price of a product. Always make sure to review a pricing rule on the storefront to make sure it's working the way you intended.
Step 1. Add a pricing rule to a product.
- Go to Inventory> Manage Inventory.
- Locate the product that will have a pricing rule added. Click on the Edit link for the product. The product Details page will load.
- Click on the Pricing tab. The Pricing Rules page will load.
- Click on the Add Pricing Rule button. The Add Pricing Rule page will load.
Step 2. Enter pricing rule information
- Special Price: (Required) Enter the price amount for this pricing rule. This will be the new price of the product for eligible customers.
- Start Date: To use this feature check the box next to End Date and enter a date, either using the text field, or the calendar menu. When a Start Date value is entered, that is the day the pricing rule will become effective to eligible customers.
- End Date: To use this feature check the box next to End Date and enter a date, either using the text field, or the calendar menu. When an End Date is entered, this will be the last day the pricing rule will be effective for eligible customers.
- Groups: To designate this coupon to be used only for certain user groups, click the radio button next to Selected Groups. New choices will appear. Check the boxes next to the user groups allowed to use this coupon. If you do not check selected groups, the coupon will be open to all customers by default.
- Click on the Save button. The Pricing Rules page will load and you will see the pricing rule you just created.
This completes the task of adding a pricing rule for a product. When you've expressed an effective date on a pricing rule, it's a good idea to also tell your customers that the discount will expire. You can enter in a special message to your customers using the Description field in the product Details page (go to Inventory> Manage Inventory and click the Edit link of a product).
◄ Back to Help