How to add an Authorize.Net payment gateway in Auctiva Commerce
Auctiva Commerce can automatically process payments made through Authorize.Net, leaving you free to upload new inventory, revamp descriptions or tend to other aspects of your store. This tutorial will show you the benefits of this payment gateway and how to set it up for your Auctiva Commerce store.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need to establish a Merchant Account that can support online transactions with your bank if you do not already have one in place. The Merchant Account will need to be connected to your Authorize.net payment gateway in order for you to successfully accept payments.
What is Authorize.Net?
Authorize.Net is an integrated billing processor that allows you to accept credit cards and electronic payments. It is one of the easiest payment gateways to set up and it has processed more than 1 billion transactions in 2006.
Benefits and limitations of Authorize.Net
Authorize.Net provides customer support seven days a week. Besides allowing you to accept American Express, Discover, Master Card and Visa.
Authorize.Net makes tracking the status of your transactions easy in Auctiva Commerce administration. Additionally, in Authorize.Net's proprietary merchant tools, you can automatically bill customers for recurring charges and it allows you to send out e-mail notifications when credit cards and/or subscription are getting close to their expiration dates.
One of the newest features Authorize.Net has is its free QuickBooks integration, which will allow you to track your gateway transactions and your QuickBooks account.
Add an Authorize.Net gateway
Adding an Authorize.Net gateway will allow your Auctiva Commerce store to automatically process payments. To set up this payment gateway on your store, you first need to create a payment gateway account with Authorize.Net.
Step 1. Create a payment gateway account with Authorize.Net.
- Go to Authorize.Net to set up an account with Authorize.net. Please review Authorize.Net's terms of agreement before you set up an account, and review the fees that come with an Authorize.Net account.
After setting up an Authorize.Net account you will need your merchant ID and transaction key to complete Step 2. To find these values, log into your Authorize.Net account, go to the Account section (on the bottom left-hand side), and click Settings. Then go to your Security Settings and click API Login ID and Transaction Key. Enter the answer to your account's Secret Question. Hit Submit. Now that you have these values, you can add an Authorize.Net payment gateway in Auctiva Commerce administration.
Step 2. Add an Authorize.Net payment gateway in Auctiva Commerce.
- Log in to your Auctiva Commerce administration.
- Go to Store > Payments.
- Click on the "Set up credit card" link.
- Select Authorize.Net via the drop-down.
- Merchant Login: Type in your Authorize.Net API login ID.
- Transaction Key: Type in your Authorize.Net transaction key.
- Select the specific credit cards your Authorize.Net payment gateway will accept (i.e., American Express, Discover, Master Card and Visa).
- Choose one of these Authorization Modes (the Authorize mode is recommended):
- Authorize: means you've secured approval to charge a given amount to your customer's account, but you will not capture the funds until you decide to run that transaction from Auctiva Commerce administration.
- Authorize & Capture: means you have secured approval and have captured your customer's funds.
- Choose one of these Gateway Modes:
- Production Gateway, Live Mode: This is used for processing live transactions with a production account. This is the mode you use when you're ready to accept payments.
- Production Gateway, Test Mode: This is used for testing transactions with a production account.
- Test Gateway, Live Mode: This is used to test live transactions with a test account.
- Test Gateway, Test Mode: This is used for specific test results with a test account.
Authorize.Net configuration is now complete, and now you can start processing Authorize.Net orders in your Auctiva Commerce store.
Authorize.Net is one of several payment gateways that will work with Auctiva Commerce. You can create additional payment gateways to your store to give your customers more options when they're ready to make a purchase.
Was this tutorial helpful? Tell us what you think in this quick survey. Your feedback is highly valued. Thank you.
◄ Back to Help